Office of Liaison and Professional Services
Objective: to encourage economic development and liaison between the manufacturing sector and society through academic contracts or agreements of social responsibility and professional services, strengthening the teaching-learning process as well as contributing to the achievement of institutional goals.
Functions of the Office
- Manage agreements of cooperation with social, private, and public institutions with the aim of strengthening academic and economic development.
- Create and develop health raising awareness programs in coordination with public and private sectors, in order to link tasks between the institution and society.
- Establish strong links with private and public sector to engage future academic agreements in order our students have a wide range of institutions where to apply for professional practices
- Advance the promotion and dissemination of the services available at the School, through the distribution of brochures, posters, and websites.
- Patent registration and on intellectual property of the School research and products.
- Monitor the successful development of products and technological tools produced in this School and the integration into the market for the benefit of the UANL.
- Create a database of commercial partners to support our academic events.
Professional Services offered by the School
CONSULTING IN FOOD PROCESSING AND SERVICES
- Consulting services to enterprises interested in accrediting certification institutions
- Development of new food products
- Scientific overview services when using conservatives and additives in blends
- Scientific revision of product shelf life based on the Mexican Official Standards
- Basic consulting in design of food product labels according to the guidelines of the Ministry of Health
- Nutritional assessment of products
- Design of well-balanced menus
- Design of brochure, posters, and magazines of relevant information about specific treatments, nutrition or general matters
- Conferences and training courses
FOOD OR PROCESSED PRODUCT ANALYSES
- Food-science analyses and nutritional labeling of food products
- Microbiological analysis of food products
- Estimation of food expiration date
- Estimation of food acid content
- PH determination of food
- Consulting services on dietary supplements
- Nutrition check-ups for groups or institutions
- Medical eating plans
- Development of nutrition programs for groups
- Creation of healthy meals, standardization of recipes
- Conference and training courses
- Unit of assessment and detection of nutritional risks
- Assessment and diagnosis of bone density by dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry
- Assessment and diagnosis of body composition by bioimpedance
- Assessment and diagnosis of muscle strength by dynamometer
- Geriatric assessment and dietary recommendations by dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry, dynamometer, and ISAK method
- Athlete assessment and dietary recommendations by bod pod, indirect calorimetry, and ISAK method
- Dietary assessment and recommendations by bioimpedance and indirect calorimetry
DEVELOPMENT OF NUTRITION CONSULTING MATERIALS FOR PEOPLE WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
- Design of sanitary, nutrition, and public health campaigns
- Design of personalized and healthy recipe books
- Design of web pages for health and nutrition areas
- Design of nutrition software
- Development of institutional procedure guidelines
CONSULTING IN NUTRITION AND PUBLIC HEALTH RESEARCH
- Planning and development of new food products
- Training in public health and nutrition fields
- Documentary and experimental research
- Translation of scientific articles
- Development of information technologies for nutrition studies
- Development of software for collecting, tabulating, and analyzing nutritional samples
- Management of survey databases and production of traditional/executive research summaries
- Design and creation of data collection instruments for population studies
- Development of scientific dissemination materials
UNIT OF FOOD AND NUTRITION SERVICES (CAFETERIA)
- Catering services for academic or social events
- Preparation of balanced, healthy meals for institutional or company wellness programs
- Preparation of balanced, healthy meals for business meetings or small dining areas
- Preparation of balanced, healthy meals for personalized events, course programs, or diploma courses.
LN. Cinthya Laura Davila Muñoz NC.
Manager of Liaison and Professional Services
School of Public Health and Nutrition
Location: Av. Dr. Eduardo Aguirre Pequeño y Yuriria, Col. Mitras Centro
Monterrey, N.L., México C.P. 64460